OVS aims not just to prepare kids for college. We want a complete person carrying our diploma. We want them to know who they are, be a risk-taker, and know that their best will almost always be good enough.
— Carl Cooper, Head of School, Upper Campus, L64 U68
Under the guidance of dedicated teachers and dorm parents, OVS students are encouraged to explore their interests, know themselves, and develop an appreciation and respect for others on a global scale. By the time they graduate, they will have developed the academic strength, character, and confidence to meet life’s future challenges in an ever-changing world. Specifically, an Ojai Valley School graduate:
• is resourceful, creative, and disciplined; uses academic skills and critical thinking to solve problems.
• communicates confidently and articulately.
• uses technology competently and responsibly.
• appreciates cultural diversity and embraces global challenges.
• is a steward of the environment; experiences, appreciates, and respects the natural world.
• pursues a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
• is an open-minded, reflective and principled risk-taker.
• acts with kindness, integrity, and humility; values collaboration and teamwork.
• will have flexibility to select from a broad range of colleges and universities.