August 27, 2020
As we approach the opening of school — August 31 for Upper Campus, and September 1 for Lower Campus — we anticipate that we will open the majority of classes online. In Pre-K and Kindergarten, we are lucky to have the opportunity to provide in-person instruction. Please view the “Welcome” video above to learn more!
Our goal is to resume in-person classes for all grades as soon as possible. We are working with the Ventura County Health Department, and we will pivot to in-person classes immediately if we get a green-light to do so.
Roadmap to Reopening: When public health guidelines deem it safe to do so, Ojai Valley School intends to open with in-person classes, five days a week. We believe being together is in the best interest of our students and, as a small school, can be accomplished by reducing class sizes, tightening health protocols, moving to outdoor classrooms, and other safety measures.
For details on our safety measures and plans,
read our Roadmap to Reopening.
Below is a list of our parent and guardian communications from March 13 (when the Ventura County Department of Public Health declared a local health emergency due to Covid-19) to now. Of particular importance to current enrolled families are the Notes from OVS on the opening of school. These documents include daily schedules, important dates, student expectations and other details critical to the success of the new school year.
We will continue to update this section, so please bookmark this page and check back often.
Recent communications to parents and guardians:
• Notes from OVS: Opening of School (Upper Campus)
• Notes from OVS: Opening of School (Lower Campus)
• Notes from OVS, July 31, 2020
• Notes from OVS, July 20, 2020
•Notes from OVS, July 10, 2020
• Notes from OVS, July 3, 2020
• Notes from OVS, June 18, 2020
• Notes from OVS, June 5, 2020
• Notes from OVS, May 22, 2020
• Notes from OVS, May 15, 2020
• Notes from OVS, May 8, 2020
• Notes from OVS, May 1, 2020
• Notes from OVS, April 17, 2020
• Notes from OVS, April 3, 2020
• Notes from OVS, March 31, 2020
• Notes from OVS, March 27, 2020
• Notes from OVS, March 20, 2020
• Notes from OVS, March 16, 2020