Gifts to the OVS Annual Fund help bridge the significant gap between tuition and expenses by providing much needed general operating support. Annual Fund gifts help pay for educational programs and projects, and support facilities and campus improvements. All gifts, no matter how great or small, are significant and appreciated. It is your participation that counts. Here are just a few examples of what the Annual Fund helps to provide:
• The Michael D. Hermes Memorial Scholarships, which offer awards to well-rounded day or resident applicants and current students who exemplify Mike’s commitment to character, community, scholarship, athleticism, and leadership
• The Faculty Enrichment Grant, which provides faculty the opportunity to travel, bringing their excitement, experiences, and knowledge back to the classroom
• Classroom enhancements, technology upgrades, and teaching tools to support the school’s exceptional programs. In 2015-16, Annual Fund contributions allowed the school to purchase materials for the robotics programs on both campuses.
• Campus beautification and facility improvements. Annual Fund contributions allowed the school to purchase beautiful new benches and tables for the Lower Campus, as well as improvements to the residential facilities at Upper Campus.
• Sustainability measures, including new filtered water stations, drought-tolerant landscaping, new high-tech irrigation systems, and significant water-saving geo-textile footing at the Lower and Upper Campus riding arenas were all made possible by parents, alumni and staff who contributed to the Annual Fund.
Thank you, and please support the school with its 2016-17 Annual Fund campaign!