Gifts to the OVS Annual Fund provide much needed general operating support. Annual Fund gifts help pay for educational programs and projects, scholarships, and they support facilities and campus improvements. All gifts, no matter how great or small, are significant and appreciated. It is your participation that counts. Here are just a few examples of what the Annual Fund helps to provide:
• The Michael D. Hermes Memorial Scholarships are awarded to well-rounded day or resident applicants and current students who exemplify Mike’s commitment to character, community, scholarship, athleticism, and leadership
• The Faculty Enrichment Grant provides faculty the opportunity to travel, bringing their excitement, experiences, and knowledge back to the classroom
• New technology in support the school’s exceptional Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) programs. In 2016-17, the new Makerspace at Lower Campus was made possible by Annual Fund gifts. Annual Fund gifts also helped provide materials for competitive robotics at the Upper Campus.
• Campus beautification and facility improvements, including the 2017 historic renovation of Van Patten Library, are supported through Annual Fund contributions.
• Sustainability measures, including drought-tolerant landscaping, high-tech irrigation and water monitoring systems, and water-saving geo-textile footing at the Lower and Upper Campus riding arenas were all made possible by parents, alumni and staff who contributed to the Annual Fund.